Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2024

Tuesday, 23rd January 2024 - AONB

Another windy night got our power messing about this morning. Thankfully we are still powered up this evening not like many other poor households. Storm Jocelyn is making a windy appearance.

I have a pile of books for Hetty and Raffy from the charity shop. I will check they are appropriate before passing them on. Such a bargain at 50p each. I love a bargain. I was in Cranbrook meeting Alli and Suzy for lunch. Many places are shut on a Tuesday. After a bit of research Suzy booked us a table at Kypseli. I had never been. I like investigating new places. I saw a recipe with butter beans on Instagram. It left me wanting. On the menu today was Gigantes Plaki. Not just butter beans but giant ones. They were delicious with chilli pitta bread. Alli had  Tyri saganaki me florinis which sounds much better than the description on the menu of 'a slab of battered hard Greek cheese'! I nabbed a bit and it was tasty. Thank you Suzy for arranging today it was great. 

I picked up a Tescos magazine. I made the Curried Cauliflower Cheese soup for dinner. I was dubious about the use of frozen cauliflower. It was perfect for a windy Tuesday evening.

We live in an Area of Outstanding Beauty. My postcard today is of a little bit of it in our garden. It is being sent to a friend of Harriet's who is a great support which gives me much comfort.


AONB 
Watercolour
23/366


No comments:

Post a Comment