Pages

Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday, 20th January 2024 - Upright Hellebores

After a drive to Staplehurst through surprisingly icy roads we now have two working cars. Tim and I can now go our separate ways.

Tim spent the majority of the day outside cutting the hedge and chopping logs. I didn't venture very far from the woodburner appreciating the logs that had been cut. I have done collated and added my figures for my tax return to pass onto Tim for completion. 

I noticed I had a yellow left palm for the past few days. I was slightly concerned it maybe a liver problem. I know you can get yellow eyes when your liver isn't performing properly. Maybe I was showing a new liver failure symptom. This morning I diagnosed my ailment. It is staining from holding the turmeric tablets I take. 

I follow Anya the Garden Fairy on Instagram. I love hellebores but they always droop disappointingly  quickly after picking. Anya showed slicing the stems kept the upright. I am testing some and so far they are looking as perky as much as a hellebore ever does. They do tend to have a downward facing tendency.

Today I send my postcard to Linda who runs Woodchurch Cottage Flowers with our friend Wendy. I thought she would appreciate my attempt at keeping flowers at their best.


Upright Hellebore 
Ink and Watercolour
20/366

 

1 comment:

  1. Lin @woodchurchcottageflowersMon Jan 29, 04:12:00 pm 2024

    Hello Kate, I was absolutely delighted to receive your card with your lovely painting of hellebores 😍 Thank you so much for your kindness and the very interesting info on how to stop hellebores dropping. I shall be trying that!

    ReplyDelete