Pages

Thursday 18 January 2024

Thursday, 18th January 2024 - Chittenden Vegetables

I watched the sunrise from my bedroom window. Yep, I was still in bed. There is no point getting up until the bathroom is vacant. Sometimes tea in the mornings is just perfect. It was one of those mornings. I watched the birds on the feeders while I drank my tea. Lovely start to the day.

Our car needed a trip to the garage for maintenance. It is a two car trip there and a one car trip back. I wanted to get some vegetables from the farm shop. A road closure and diversion would have dissuaded me. Tim has an innate awareness of where he is. He found a way no problem. We spent very little and came away with a huge bag brimming with fruit and vegetables.

Tonight we are going for dinner at The Castle Inn, Bodiam. I will let you know tomorrow what it was like. I love going out for dinner partly so I can dress up my top half - you don't need to bother with the bottom when you are going to be sitting down - and mostly because I like someone else cooking for me. Sometimes that is. The majority of the time I like cooking and cook food depending on my mood. Sunday is a good day for curry.

Today's postcard is for my brother, Chris. I thought he would appreciate the array of vegetables as he works in a farmshop and is vegan. 



Chittenden Vegetables 
Pen and Watercolour
18/366

No comments:

Post a Comment