Pages

Friday 19 January 2024

Friday, 19th January 2024 - Glassenbury Barn

Last night's meal at The Castle Inn was the best meal I have had in a pub for a long time. I had duck pancakes, crispy chicken leg with dauphinois, savoy cabbage and a mushroom and truffle sauce. We shared panettone bread and butter pudding and a ginger sponge with banana ice-cream. All delicious and I thoroughly recommend it. Thank you Tony, Wendy and Lindsey for a charming evening.

Lindsey and I had tea/coffee, muffins and pecan plaits (I love a pecan plait) with Mercedes. I hope we didn't outstay our welcome as we didn't leave until early afternoon. All now grandparents we swapped stories and photos. 

I left home at 11am with our boiler kaput and no heating or hot water. The repair was booked in for Monday. I came home a few hours later to heating and hot water. It was a hiccup in the gas that was diagnosed and fixed. I am looking forward to a long hot shower in a warm bathroom tomorrow.

The Weald of Kent Morris danced at a Wassail this afternoon. Lots of song, the crowning of a king and queen, toast hung in the trees, cider, shooting into the trees and dance to wake the fruit trees into producing a good harvest. Great fun and rather bizarre. We went to The Eight Bells to warm up and have a bit of music and song. 


Glasssenbury Barn 
Pen and Watercolour
19/366


No comments:

Post a Comment