Pages

Friday 5 January 2024

Friday, 5th January 2024 - Mondrianish Apple Trees 5/366

Heading to bed last night I set my alarm as I have got later and later rising from my bed in the mornings. In my enthusiasm of going to see my daughter today I woke before it buzzed me awake. I drove through many roads drenched by Storm Henk get to Wickhambreaux where I spent a wonderful day with Harriet and Herbie. Raffy and Hetty arrived after school looking beautiful in their youth. Their joy of seeing me squeezes me inside. Herbie and I watched Frozen II with much needed commentary from Herbie as to what it was all about. I am so proud of that amazing family. 

Today's postcard is for a colleague of Tim's who lives in Chicago. It was many years ago we met Benn. I  remember seeing paintings by Piet Mondrian at The Art Institute of Chicago. On a walk through  Benenden the light through an apple orchard reminded me of his works The Trees. I have made my own version with a few artistic interpretations.


Mondrianish Apple Trees
Pen and Watercolour
5/366


1 comment:

  1. Very cool Mum - such variety in your postcards already it's lovely to see x

    ReplyDelete