Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2024

Tuesday, 16th January 2024 - The Apothecary, Rye

Liz, my lovely sister-in-law, and I had a few things to swap. I am fond of Rye so suggested we met there. I have a bit of an addiction for thick buttered granary toast and marmalade. I fed my addiction at The Apothecary and added coffee. Liz and her husband have taken on a 15 year old rescue cat. It has a condition called polydactyl. She has many toes and claws. She is very good at defending her territory. Having more than average claws must give her an advantage over the other cats. Unfortunately, this can lead to costly vets bills. A very fiesty cat for 15. She has found a good home.

I came home and found Tim had lit the woodburner. I sat down with my book and fell asleep. I hope my mate Linda doesn't find out. She will berate me for 'letting the old in'. It was a late night at The Rose and Crown yesterday.

Liz gets my postcard today for being family and a good friend.


The Apothecary, Rye 
Pen and Watercolour
16/366



No comments:

Post a Comment