Pages

Monday 29 January 2024

Monday, 29th January 2024 - Old Apple Barn

All The Viridians were present for an intensive portrait painting session. I wasn't feeling very confident. You can have a bit of artistic license with a landscape and no one would know. Portraits are on another level. It helps to get your models features in the right place or you end up with something rather freaky.  We had three one hour sittings with a break for bread and soup. I modelled for the middle sitting which gave my brain a rest. There was a lot of chatter that got less and less and ended in total silence with concentration. 

I did a rather heavy handed charcoal of Leelee


Leelee in charcoal


And a watercolour of Wendy and a very fidgety Rory.


Wendy and Rory

On my way home I passed a farm selling apples. I took a large bag of rosy delights home. A bargain at one pound.

Back home I settled myself to read and finished The Keeper of Stories in preparation for book group tomorrow. A heart warming book that I didn't get too irritated with.

Today's postcard is going to Alan. A double whammy as it's his birthday and we haven't been in touch for years. Good use of my postcard. We spent many a happy summer staying with Alan and Linda in their house in The Lot when the children were young. They had many beautiful old barns a bit like the Old Apple Barn.

Old Apple Barn 
Pen and Watercolor
29/366



No comments:

Post a Comment