Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Tuesday, 24th April 2018 - Honeymoon Suite


I served poached eggs to a regular guest. A quick trip to see Mum and find out what she has been up to. A 'bee in her bonnet' is telling her she needs to move to another nursing home. I have tried to dissuade her. Do you want to know a very naughty bit? She told the home she is in that a financial advisor was coming to visit. It was actually the manager of another nursing home. She looked a little surprised when she found out that both managers have to be present at the meeting. 

I have packed my bag for a couple of nights away.

Tim and I had lunch with Uncle Bill at The Abergavenny Arms in Rodmell. I think the reviews have been generous. We headed into Lewes and took refuge in The Snowdrop until the driving drizzle had passed. Waitrose and Asda and Tescos have had our custom today. Back on the road to Beddingham.  We are now ensconced in a Shepherds Hut. This is a most glorious wedding gift from ten friends. We have lit the wood burner. Tim is reading. I am painting. The views are stunning. I hope to appreciate them from our three foot off the floor bed in the morning. It had a window at the foot.

The hut is powered by a 12volt battery. I found this an interesting fact. 


Honeymoon Suite
Pen and Watercolour
19cm x 14cm
£40 Unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment