Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

Friday, 13th April 2018 - Forget-Me-Not My Love

The chickens have scarified the lawn. There must be some tasty bugs under all the moss. It would be even more helpful if they raked up too.

I made LeeLee's Banana Butterscotch cake for incoming guests. The recipe says it improves on keeping so I have made it a day in advance. What a bloody faff. After making the caramel and adding the bananas aerating the eggs, oil and sugar, it suggests sifting the flour three times before folding. I skipped this part. I just hope it tastes as good as I remember.

The daffodil season has been rather short. I went on the hunt for budding blooms and found four. Not really enough to fill a vase.

Sometimes in the bustle of our lives we forget to let the ones nearest to us know we are there for them. Even unconditional love needs a little reminder now and again. There is no harm in letting someone you feel a little abandoned or lost.

Eleanor Oliphant is no longer my bed time reading. Great book. I have a book about bees that Harriet got me for my birthday. The first few pages tempt me into thinking it is going to be a good read.


Forget-Me-Not My Love
Pen and Watercolour
140lb Rough Clairefontaine

LTP/LTP Course
I shut myself in my studio this afternoon for a timed challenge. My bendy daylight lamp is broken so I had to use a table lamp without a shade. The exercise is four paintings of an apple. Starting at 10 minutes, then 8, followed by 6 and finishing with 4. It took me a while to mix my colours. Using paper palettes is not good practice as they flip and slide around under the palette knife and are too small. I used five brushes and three knives, loads of kitchen roll and quite a bit of Zest-it to clean up. Alexa told me when my time was up. It was very tempting to cheat. I didn't which concluded in not finishing. Stalks are absent, highlights are missing and as to blending - no chance. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


Left to right, top to bottom. 10, 8, 6 and 4 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment