Pages

Thursday 26 April 2018

Thursday, 26th April 2018 - Dovecote at Nymans

The sun made enough of an appearance to have coffee and the same method of cooking was yesterday, croissant warmed on the woodburner outside out hut. I read a chapter of Eat That Frog. I couldn't find a piece of paper handy for a list. I will put it on my list tomorrow.

June, Barry, Nick, Alli, Si and Lesley came to view our accommodation. Nick liked looking underneath to get the full picture of the workings. It has made me wonder why we need so much space at home. Probably so we don't get divorced.

Another day another National Trust property. Nymans is part ruin and part left as the previous owner had it. The gardens are voluminous. With Si and Lesley wandered the house and grounds. We had coffee outside under an umbrella in the rain then departed ways.

Another diversion heading home to B&Q. The car was weighed down with 375 litres of compost, plants and teal paint for the hallway.

It was so good to see Harriet and my grandchildren. They are all looking beautiful.



Dovecote at Nymans
Watercolour
140lb rough Clairefontaine
24 cm x 17 cm
£40 Unframed

LTP/LTP Course
I got home in time to brew a mug of tea before joining RĂ³isin for a catch up on course progress. A lot of people are further along than I am. We have a chair to paint with a palette knife. I find I am learning a lot from studying other peoples work. The last few days have given me plenty of ideas for future paintings. The ones in Monks House where Virginia Woolf hung out at weekends I studied closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment