Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Tuesday, 10th April 2018 - Tour of Pashley Manor

My guest had breakfast and was out the door shortly after 8am. Good start to the day.

I managed to watch a few videos relating to my painting course. There are many. They are helpfully tuitional. I suppose they should be. I have painted my gesso board with a neutral ground in preparation for possibly painting tomorrow as long as Tescos brings an apple

Pippa chauffeured Sarah and I to Pashley Manor. As bed and breakfasts hosts we get a free annual tour of the garden and latest updates on changes like a new toilet block. We are allowed a plus one so we took Pippa. We learnt that it takes six weeks to plant possibly 40,000 tulips and eight weeks to dig them up again. I am not overly keen on tulips. The cream tea is always a nice touch. Keith only showed us part of the garden so we wandered the remainder without him. As a birthday gift Sarah bought me two gorgeous primulas. They are a variety called Belarina and have tiny leaves surrounding multi petalled flowers. I am delighted with them. They will have pride of place in pots in the garden. Thanks Pip for the Teapigs tea. I don't allow myself to buy such extravagant tea bags. Hetty and Bella have their sights on the biscuits.

After a walk to deliver Morris posters to The Bull we ate a pheasant. It may have been two but it was jointed by Tony and I didn't feel inclined to puzzle it back together to find out. It slow cooked for ten hours with left over pizza topping. A successful meal this evening.



Tour of Pashley Manor
Pen and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment