Pages

Saturday 21 April 2018

Friday, 20th April 2018 - 'Weather With You'

I could have had a lie-in but the weather was glorious, Tim was chatty and I really needed a mug of tea. Herbie and I sought out the patches of shade in the garden. We found a joint delight in the trees and flowers, a particular favourite of Herbie's were the white daffodils.

Hetty and Bella had great fun of being 'accidentally' sprayed with the hose while I was watering the pots. Oh to be young and beautiful and run around with no clothes on. I am tempted to strip off too. I don't think I will today.

I didn't visit Mum. I have heard she is still being difficult. I feel bad but I really don't want to see her at the moment. Partly because I may say something I regret. She will be fine for a couple of days won't she?

I thought it was the heat of the sun over a period of time that warmed the ground beneath us and radiated it during those warm balmy evenings. Tonight it was warm enough to eat and cook pizzas outside. Nick, Alli, Si, Lesley and June joined us before we headed into Tenterden to listen to Barry playing with his band 24/7. They played Weather with You by Crowded House. This is one I treasure in my soul. I have heard Barry sing it forever. He played it at our wedding.

Quick sketch tonight as it is getting late.



'Weather With You'
Pen
140lb Not
22cm x 15cm
£40 Unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment