Pages

Thursday 19 April 2018

Thursday, 19th April 2018 - Extra Strong Rhubarb

I have an interesting day. My guests happily departed clutching my homemade jam and cards.

We put a pot over the rhubarb to force it. It has definitely done that and with mighty force pushed the pot off.

Tim cooked dinner. We ate it in the warmth of the evening sun in the garden. How wonderful.

I zipped over to see Mum. There have been a few phone calls with the home and family members today. They have got her up and dressed today much to her dislike. She is not happy. Not enough pain relief for her back and angina. They are monitoring her carefully and can see no signs of either ailment. I told her I would voice her concerns to them. She said they took no consideration of her dietary requirements and have never asked her. They give her too much. Really not a problem. I was present when she was interviewed at Oakside and this was covered. I said I could mention it. Would she like soup and a sandwich for supper? Yes she would. Thank you. This is what she has been getting. She said if she had been at home she would have called an ambulance. They are doing an incredible job with her care. We could not ask for more.

I got home and had a phone call from Mum wanting to know what the home was going to do. I said she would get an ECG soonish. She said 'So nothing' and put the phone down on me. This is all becoming a little exhausting.


Extra Strong Rhubarb
Pen and Watercolour
140lb Not
19cm x 27cm
£40 Unframed


LTP/LTP Course
I carved out a couple of hours this afternoon to paint a pear with a knife. I am still trying the best layout of paint/easel/shadow box. A quick rearrangement and all looking good. I was up and down the stairs collecting my materials including my model. I had to cut the bottom off the pear to make it stand up. Next task was to mix my colours and tones. This needs working on I have them all over the palette in no particular order. With George Michael to accompany me and my knife at the ready I got started. I don't think this should take longer than 30 minutes. I am not sure how long I look but including preparation time it could have been a couple of hours. I did the best job I could. It was enjoyably immersingly difficult.




No comments:

Post a Comment