Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Wednesday, 9th May 2018 - Three Morris Men

Woohoo. The hallway is finished. Gorgeous 'Teal' walls. I finished the finer details slowly while Tim romped his way over the walls - twice. I think the smell will have dissipated by the arrival of tomorrows guests.

I could no longer stand the guilt of seeing my leggy sweetpeas struggling in the greenhouse. They are now firmly bedded along the fence snuggled up with slug pellets. I learnt my lesson from last year. After planting I confidently leaving them overnight to find that daylight showed the slugs and snails had been merrily feasting.

I have not seen Mum for a while. In trepidation I visited. She was in a rather entertaining mood. I had quite a pleasant hour or so with her. The Evans Family dropped in too. Bella brought a plastic box containing John the pine weevil to show Mum. What a privilege.

Tonight it was the first Weald of Kent Morris evening of the summer. I do like to be surrounded by ribbons and leather bell pads. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening at The Woolpack Inn in Benover. A girl in the audience made it memorable with her infectious laugh and beautiful singing voice.


Three Morris Men
Pen
Khadi Paper
17cm x 14cm




No comments:

Post a Comment