Pages

Monday 14 May 2018

Monday, 14th May 2018 - Rose Tree

I was Googling what the groups of flowers on a rhododendron are called and discovered that the name comes from greek meaning Rose Tree. This is a much better discovery than the the clusters of flowers are called 'trusses'. The one in our garden is looking glorious.

Wading through ironing was a good chance to catch up with my oil painting tutorials. I am not sure I agree with everything.

My GP was delighted with my blood pressure. No extra pills needed. Apparently the dent in my forehead is a basal cell carcinoma. That was a surprise. Common and easily treated. I am hoping for a bit of a face lift at removal time.

Two very large and messy paintings were created at my art class this evening. We are working on mark making and turbulent seas. It was messy and incredibly engrossing. I was ready to bin them but my tutor thinks I should continue working on them. I will do as I have been instructed.

A third Monday of 500ish calories. Tim cooked a very spicy, garlicky meal which was delicious. I haven't even sneaked in a cheese snack which I may have done previously. It is that broken off corner on a chunk of cheddar that is my craving. Even the thought of it is tempting me towards the fridge. To bed before I submit.


Rose Tree
Watercolour
140lb CP
30cm x 24cm
£40 Unframed

1 comment:

  1. A bumpy forehead sounds serious, hopefully it's a quick and easy treatment.
    Very well done with your blood pressure mum xx

    ReplyDelete