Pages

Sunday 6 May 2018

Saturday, 5th May 2018 - View from Howfield Farm

I have continued with the hallway painting. I am running low on stain block paint.

Tim finished the runner bean bed and I filled it with beans. It is looking rather sparse with my poorly germinated crew. I am hoping I can espalier them and increase production.

I need Dulux Barley White for my woodwork. The waterbased version is terribly disappointing. I prefer a good dose of fumes, mighty coverage and hardy staying power. Brewers mixed a couple of cans of the oil based paint for me. Screwfix had more stain block. Tool station had a money off voucher. I have filler, and a window scraper to clean my oil painting palette.  I found bargain bibs for Herbie in Asda and some healthy looking marigolds to fend off any bugs thinking of attacking my vegetable plants. B&Q had a handsome plants to fill the gaps in a flower bed where the ground elder had been. That was a lot of shops for one afternoon.

Nick and Alli invited for supper. We sat outside by their chiminea with Si and Lesley eating delicious curry and a very tasty frangipane pie. Thank you for a lovely evening.


View from Howfield Farm
Watercolour
140lb NOT
25cm x 17cm
£40 Unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment