Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2018

Wednesday, 2nd May 2018 - Chicken in a Mulberry Tree

Tim's brother and mum came to lunch. My past over catering proved advantageous today. We had a 'one-I-made-earlier-and-frooze' french stick to go with a freshly cooked broccoli and cheddar soup. Don't use low salt stock cubes in your soup stock it makes for a less tasty result. A lemon meringue pie was recovered from the freezer and seemed to show no ill effects. I have had an underlying feeling of guilt as I promised Bella a slice of a previous pie that I never delivered. She got a piece today. Herbie had a smiley time with his Great Grandma. There is no comparison between Brenda and Mum. Reports say that mum has had a more active day today hopefully stimulating her mental state and negating her thoughts of pain.

I have a couple of commissions. I am thrilled to have been asked with a bit of worried on the side. I have started them today. Hopefully I can get them completed by the end of the week.

The rain finished being persistent this evening. Tim and I took a stroll around the village as the sun was setting. It is a good time to thrash out our thoughts. Omelette was on our minds for dinner. We collected our eggs at the hens bedtime. The chicks that Harriet hatched last year still roost in the tree. They look unstable. The hen featured is one that lays the most beautiful green eggs.

The film Knight and Day was perfect light entertainment for our tired bodies and minds. Tom Cruise was a bonus.



Chicken in a Mulberry Tree
Pen and Watercolour
140lb NOT
26cm x 18cm
£40 Unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment