Pages

Thursday 3 May 2018

Thursday, 3rd May 2018 - Harriet and Herbie at The Fig

Harriet and I have been waiting a long time for today. A month. We celebrated her birthday which turned out to be more of a treat for me as I got driven and my food intake paid for. We took Herbie into Rye. A couple of coffees in one of the many coffee shops was followed by a wander of the cobbles. There is a new gallery Art and Glory full of lovely pictures and jewellery. I adore the part around the church. Back down to Rye Art Gallery which is full of gorgeous things. We studies the paintings intimately. There was just about enough time to have lunch at The Fig. Rosie one of Tom's friends own it but she wasn't around today. The lunch was delicious and didn't detract from being called an 'Allday Breakfast' with poached eggs, wilted green with seeds, tomatoes and mushroom. Well done The Fig.

I spent a bit of time in the garden. I have new geraniums to pot up but no pots. The old pots need emptying of their spent daffodils into the flower beds. The flower beds needed weeding first. The compost from the pot I wanted on the runner bean patch. The runner bean patch need the grass removed. What a soggy bugger that was. I never did get around to planting my geranium.

This evening WOKAS had a demonstration by Bill Newton. Having arranged this myself I chose it to be in oil paint. A good turn out from members and friends. I found the painting 'claustrophobic' (LeeLee's accurate description) when he got to the boats. It was an amazing painting and admirable to be done in under two hours.

There were no oranges in Tescos today.


Harriet and Herbie at The Fig
Watercolour
140lb NOT
12cm x 25cm
£40 Unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment