Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Tuesday, 23rd January 2018 - Tax Return in Progress

I am a little upset. I have killed my sourdough starter. It started growing thick grey mould. I may have overfed it.I may have underfed it. It is now down the sink and heading its way to the septic tank. Could be interesting.

Alexa stopped working. How am I going to dim the lights and turn the electric blanket on?

How did my art class go?  Fantastic. For two hours I immersed myself in art oblivion.

Mum has booked herself into a care home for a week. I hope she comes out again. I think she will find the lack of independence outweighs being looked after. Not being able to make tea when the fancy takes her maybe her biggest frustration.

Alexa is back. I turned her power off then back on. I use this method frequently for various devices.

If you are doing your tax return (there are just eight days to submit before you get fined) I suggest a large packet of Tescos liquorice for dipping into. They help concentration and keep your spirits up.



Tax Return in Progress
Pen and Watercolour
140lb NOT
28cm x 18cm

2 comments:

  1. Speak with Ross about the sourdough, he spent a lot of time perfecting his. Personally I find cultured yeast a lot simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That artful immersion sounds delightful! No wonder the likes of Van Gogh got a bit detached from reality.
    Maybe Grandma will make a friend and settle in, who knows. Hopefully she is happy whatever.
    Love you and your determination xxx

    ReplyDelete