Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

Thursday, 25th January 2018 - Ready Grown

Hetty and Bella this morning!!! It was time to leave for school. Putting on shoes should be a simple task. Not when hopping, giggling, falling about, hiding under the table, behind the chair and/or door, shoes on the wrong feet, shoes on the wrong child with Grandma trying to be stern. How I love these two little bright sparks in my day. It would dull world without them. Gorgeous, gorgeous girls.

Tim is back from Chicago. We diverted on our way home into Bumbles to get some seeds. They seem horrendous in price. Do you know you can pay up to £3.40 for a packet of broad beans? Oscar broad beans cost me £1.99. The Boston dwarf/french (multitasking ones) beans £2.99. Richard has given me some runner bean seeds. I mustn't sow them until April. It says so on the envelope. They are called 'Enorma'. I am looking forward to watching them grow very much.

At Adam and Eve's we filled our bag with wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables. Someone else sows, grows and tends to their every desire. Then they pick them and display them so I can choose what I want when I want. No gluts, no black fly on the broad beans, no caterpillars in the lettuce, no slugs on the courgettes, no eccentric carrots, no onions no bigger than when I planted them, no green tomatoes, no watering, no feeding, no weeding, no digging or picking needed. Where is the fun in that?

I love my vegetable patch. I look forward to a mighty fine year of vegetables you would never find on the shelf in Tescos.


Ready Grown
Pen, Watercolour and Ink
140lb NOT
27cm x 18cm

No comments:

Post a Comment