Pages

Friday 26 January 2018

Friday, 26th January 2018 - Paynes Grey Weather

Sarah and I had research to do today. We needed to try out the new cafe in Cranbrook Arthur's. I was not terribly impressed. I enquired as to whether the Victoria sponge was sandwiched with cream, and told yes - sooo disappointing that it was butter cream. Sarah did foresee my disappointment when she pointed out that it was not kept in the fridge. Sarah had an ok tea cake. It was chilly too. We saw the savoury menu on our exit. Are we brave enough to try again? There is a comfort in the familiar ambience of Cocolicious. I think we will return to test out a bacon roll. Arthur, a black spaniel, was rather gorgeous and incredibly well behaved staying predominantly on his bed. We invited Pippa to join us and help her celebrate her birthday but she was in Biarritz eating gallet du roi. I have just googled it, butter, eggs, almonds, pastry.... I think I would like that better than a slice of sponge.

A couple of our neighbours sheds were broken into last night. They were padlocked/locked. Be vigilant.

If it is going to be this cold I would like a dusting of snow.



Paynes Grey Weather
Watercolour and Ink
140lb NOT
22cm x 18cm

2 comments:

  1. We do need to return because how can we evaluate a Cocolicious bacon rolls against an Arthur's bacon sandwich if we havnt tried both? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe honest cafe reviews should become a part of your blog... although you may get barred from entering any new ones.. :-) Love Tom x

    ReplyDelete