Pages

Saturday 24 February 2024

Saturday, 24th February 2024 - Cheerful Crocuses

What a lot of chatter at dinner last night. All eight of us are in hospitality. Dane and Sarah have done loads of travelling. I need to get out more and see the world and its treasures. Si gave me seville oranges that are in the freezer ready for a marmalade session. I can think of Italy while I make it.

Dinner tonight was bubble and squeak made from last night's leftovers. Tim had fried eggs on top. Yuk yuk yuk. I had much more preferable poached eggs. We watched a film with Mark Rylance in. Mum used to love him and his acting. I miss talking to my Mum about 'stuff'. She was a good listener. 

I had a lovely time this afternoon reading my book. Tim had lit the woodburner. He was in the garden cutting yet another hedge. I look him out a mug of tea and to admire his work. There are loads of crocuses brightening the garden. Not the saffron variety unfortunately. They made a good subject for my postcard. 


Carrots for Prosperity 
Indian Ink and Watercolour
54/366



No comments:

Post a Comment