Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2024

Tuesday, 17th September 2024 - Houses on Woodchurch Green

I have found my drypoint plates that I have been searching for. This afternoon I got some framed ready to take into Bayliss & Co in Tenterden. It is run by Beth who has curated the most wonderful selection of work from local artists and I am very privileged to be one of them.

Late morning/early afternoon I sat with a group of artists from WOKAS on the village green in Woodchurch. The wind blew canvases off their easels but we braved it out for our art. I drew today's postcard of the houses around the green then turned 180 degrees and set out painting a watercolour of the church. I miss calculated. My painting is missing the church. I had a lovely few hours.

It has been months since our book group with Alli and Lesley have met. This evening we got together at The Halfway House to discuss Weyward by Emilia Hart which was brief as it was ages since we read it. I ate much needed liver and bacon. Alli has given us The Appeal by Janice Hallett to read in the form of a proper book with pages. The next book group will be closer in time so hopefully are memories of the book will provide a bit more discussion. We did find lots of other very important things to chat about.


Houses on Woodchurch Green 
Pen
261/366


Woodchurch Green 
Watercolour





No comments:

Post a Comment