Pages

Friday 6 September 2024

Friday, 6th September 2024 - The Ivy Barn

I am typing after a varied day. I have a little glass of red wine that is perfect.

We had torrential rain, lightening and thunder as I was showering and getting dressed this morning. I was grateful that it abated on my drive to Wickhambreaux. Harriet drove Herbie and I to Dover Hospital. He was so so so very brave. Harriet was so so so very brave. I was so so so very proud. He has been signed off after his accident last December. Just fantastic and fabulous. Herbie went back into school for fish and chips - it's Friday. Harriet and I had a coffee in The Ivy Barn. It was buzzing. They do the best cheese scones with loads of butter.

Tim saw in our new bnb guests with tea and chocolate brownies. Lindsey dropped by with Fritha and had an non alcohol g&t. I had one with alcoholic gin It is always lovely to see her and we can burble about our wonderful grandchildren. We are blessed.

The day ended with Tom cooking us an amazing and delicious guinea fowl/pasta/red wine dish. We had some glasses of wine before he headed back to Little Holt to work. Thank you Tom. So wonderful to be cooked for.


The Ivy Barn 
Pen and Watercolour
250/366


No comments:

Post a Comment