Pages

Friday 27 September 2024

Friday, 27th September 2024 - Cornus kousa with Fruit

I thoroughly highly recommend you go and see Abba Voyage. We had a fantastic afternoon/evening yesterday with Si and Lesley celebrating Lesley's birthday. We met them on the train. We were drinking our gin and tonic when the train stopped in a tunnel. There was a bit of smoke which had caused a passenger to panic and pull the communication cord. Si had said they had seen a steam train passing through Paddock Wood earlier. The smoke got caught in the tunnel. Panic averted although Lesley did a rapid downing of her G&T. After a few train changes and following Tim's guidance we arrived in Pudding Mill Lane. The meal and drinks at Jim and Tonic at The Print House was the perfect start to our adventure. Lesley and I had a flight of gin - three different gins and a little tonic. After my meal I had a very delicious Expresso Martini. It cost more than Tim's pizza ... but it was sooooo worth it. The Abba Voyage experience was incredible.The holograms were amazing and so realistic. The music old and new was great. What a fantastic time. You must go.

Today has been a very very soggy one. Lindsey came with sticky lemon tarts and pastel de natas. So delicious. We had tea and coffee while we nattered. Thank you so much for dropping in and sharing your stories. 

I found a quick recipe using the butternut squash I had living in my vegetable basket. Two hours later it was ready.

Today's postcard is of the tree that I grew from seed. It is now 30 years old and flourishing and has some unusual looking fruit. I have looked it up on Google and they are edible. I think I will do a bit more research before tucking in.


Cornus kousa with Fruit 
Pen and Watercolour
271/366


 

No comments:

Post a Comment