Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2024

Tuesday, 21st May 2024 - Frogshole Asparagus

Before the rain I potted up a couple of cuttings. I was wearing my yoga gear and crossed my fingers that no one would drop by. No one did. Hetty saved a tiny spider plant that was on the window sill at Brenda's. I have potted it up and hope it has spiderlets that I can pass to the family. A lovely momento of how much my mother-in-law loved her plants.

I made a quiche. It had a wholemeal pastry bottom. It reminded me of the food that Cranks, the vegetarian restaurant in London, used to make. I am going back many many years. The only Cranks open now is in Devon. I have the cookery book somewhere. I will dig it out as I have a hankering for their recipes. Frogshole Farm in Biddenden grows the most delicious asparagus. That's what instigated the quiche. The short season that makes it taste even better. Go and get some if you're passing. It's well worth the smelly wee.


Frogshole Asparagus 
Pen and Watercolour
142/366



No comments:

Post a Comment