Pages

Sunday 26 May 2024

Sunday, 26th May 2024 - Foxglove for Conundrums

I am typing while eating salad with salad cream - don't judge me! I love salad cream - with sausage rolls and a glass of white wine surrounded by bags of glasses, empty bottles and leftovers from the WOKAS preview evening. I am happily shattered. What a day it has been.

Today started with my alarm telling me to get my arse into gear (I was happy dreaming) and cook breakfast for my author. That done I finished painting greetings cards for today's exhibition. I wanted to join Tim in Cranbrook. He was Morris dancing. I was behind with my jobs and had pastries to cook for tonight's WOKAS Preview. I loaded the car with glasses, wine, paintings and an abundance of 'things'. Tim helped with printing of signs and stuffing the dustbin that looks like a big paintpot with brushes made from mops into my car. We both went to watch The Stings at The Print House. I could have stayed all afternoon listening to them play as the sun shone and drinking G&T. BUT it was setting up at the WOKAS exhibition.  A few hours later it was done and dusted. The Preview this evening was packed. The exhibition was opened Linda Bassett, the actor, she is keen to join our society. What a charming person she is. Thank you to Lindsey and Tim who heaved and hefted many many bags to and fro. I may not have won a prize for my linocuts this evening but it was a delightful evening.

I came home and found a massive foxglove leaning against the kitchen worktop. It had been beaten horizontal by the rain last night and Tim had rescued it. Looking them up on google they symbolise loads of stuff one being conundrums. That is my life this week. Perfect for today's postcard. I might even send it to myself!!!

I am not going to be happy with my alarm tomorrow morning.


Foxglove for Conundrums 
Watercolour
147/366





No comments:

Post a Comment