Pages

Thursday 16 May 2024

Thursday, 16th May 2024 - Ozmar's Market

Tim had left for his meetings by the time I woke up and made myself a mug of tea. It is warm in the sun and cool in the shade so I spent the morning dodging in and out of the sun and shade. I found a charming park and took my sketching kit. I made a few sketches in a Zine today. I am particularly fond of the baker just around the corner - our language barrier is overcome with hand signals. I asked for two bagels and got a bag of breadsticks!!!! Room for improvement.

Tim returned from his meetings and found me sketching on the street. I had a Cosmopolitan cocktail in a very charming bar. High appreciation to Tim's research as it was at the back of beyond and absolutely delightful. We picked up beer, wine and olives that we had on our rooftop terrace watching the sun set. 

We have the logistics of a midday chuck-out of our apartment and a late flight to sort out. I think I will be heaving my bag and backpack up and down the back street of Istanbul. Wish me luck.


Dancing on the Bosphorus 
Pen and Watercolour
136/366


No comments:

Post a Comment