Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2022

Tuesday, 18th January 2022 - Gentle Mist

For the last few mornings before I leave my bed I can hear a woodpecker nearby. It is calling by knocking on wood. I have interpreted the message. The bird feeder has been without peanuts. Today it has been refilled. 

Willow ink is cooling on the cooker ready for filtering tomorrow.

I was arranging a book group meeting. It has been months since we met. Lesley mentioned that oak gall ink was spoken about on Radio 4. I listened to Moving Pictures. You can see The Sherborne Missal on the internet as they discuss it. I had half an hour of immersion into a 15th century manuscript. I love a gruesome Woodwose.

We have just watched After Life with Ricky Gervais - who I have previously found irritating. If we had listened to the reviews we wouldn't have watched it. I have not cried and laughed so much at a television programme in a long time.

The landscape was enveloped in fog. It felt gentle.


Gentle Mist
Watercolour


No comments:

Post a Comment