Pages

Sunday 16 January 2022

Sunday, 16th January 2022 - Rejected

Sarah Raven advised me to remove the leaves from my hellebores to prevent disease. The sun accompanied me on my task. 

I need a few additives before I can make willow ink. So I dipped back into Jason Logan's book. He has a recipe for Oak Gall Ink. This ink has been used for thousands of years. The galls are rich in tannin making a luscious ink that darkens with age. Add a bit of iron and it turns green. I merrily searched the oak tree in front of our house for galls. Proudly I weighed my harvest. I have gathered 8g. I need 55g. My search will have to go further afield. 

Tim and I have eaten our way to the bottom the tub of sweets. Neither of us like Milky Ways.



Rejected 
Pen and Watercolour


1 comment:

  1. Don't Chuck em I'll happily eat those :-)

    Interested to see where your foraging will lead you

    ReplyDelete