Pages

Saturday 22 January 2022

Saturday, 22nd January 2022 - Delia's Marmalade

I wasn't going to make marmalade this year as my stocks are quite high. Then a friend told me of a super easy method using a food processor and I was too tempted not to try. The house smells of glorious Seville oranges.

I am typing a little blurry eyed and drinking mint tea after a meal at The Swan in Tenterden. We were celebrating Pippa's birthday, The food was just so delicious, as of course was the company. I would not/could not have cooked anything like we ate at home. Do you want to know what I chose? ...  to start, ham hock, smoked eel and apple terrine, tomato kasundi, pancetta crisp and brioche toast - I love all the little tasty bits. Next was lamb shoulder, lamb rump, burnt hispi cabbage and smoked celeriac - wow - I would never ever attempt to replicate this at home. I managed to have griottine cherry parfait, chocolate delce and sesame tuile - the most amazing flavours. Happy birthday to my dear friend Pippa.



Delia's Marmalade
Kate's Willow Ink and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment