Pages

Monday 17 January 2022

Monday, 17th January 2022 - Colours of White

There is a saucepan of peeled and chopped willow steeping on the cooker. I put a tin of willow in the woodburner for an hour. Both in preparation for ink. I like a bit of alchemy.

I have an ache in my heart knowing that I am no longer nearby to support my daughter when times are tough. I admit that occasionally I am over enthusiastic with my advice. All meant in good faith. I miss our coffee and chats on the step in the sun very much.

There was silence in the classroom this evening as we concentrated on our white chair and white table against a white wall. Second week in and I understand not to see a table but a shape. It still doesn't make it much easier to draw.


Colours of White
Watercolour 

No comments:

Post a Comment