Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

Thursday, 7th June 2018 - Blue Tit Fledgling

It was worth getting up early - I have to tell myself this. 5.30am!!! This was a momentous effort. I kept waking in the night thinking the alarm was not going to go off. It did. My right heal does not want to flex when I get out of bed and I have to limp downstairs to the kettle. I was looking out the kitchen window while stirring my tea bag in my mug. Just outside the window was a very ungainly Blue Tit chick making a brave attempt to balance on a thin grass stem.

Mum rang. She has been to the hospital for an ultrasound. It sounds very thorough and included being dyed. Manuel. the nurse from Hawkhurst House, accompanied her on his day off. I think they had a good time as she wants me to buy him a bottle of Chianti.

We have had an unpleasant smell in the bottom of the larder where the spirits are kept. Alcoholic spirits that I don't drink anymore not the spiritual spirits who would be much more entertaining. Tim located it. A bag of salt cod we bought back from France three months ago did not smell as salt cod should. It is now in the dustbin.


Blue Tit Fledgling
Pen and Watercolour
140lb Not

No comments:

Post a Comment