Pages

Friday 15 June 2018

Friday, 15th June 2018 - Hardy Geranium

I was pleased to have produced four differing breakfasts. Even better I remembered what went with what and who had ordered it. I did make some rather disgusting gluten free bread. It is like a brick in weight and appearance. It sizzles disturbingly in the toaster due to the high oil content. I have given my guest a reprieve from it tomorrow by buying a loaf from Tesco. It looks so much better.

My guests can be useful for research. Four of them went to Cloudberry, a new restaurant in Cranbrook last night. They gave it very good reviews. Handy.

The garden is becoming a bit overrun. It makes me irritable or that could be raging hormones. I have so few runner beans I have espaliered them. Seems to be working a treat. My sweetpeas are pathetic. I am looking forward to trimming my box hedge now Derby Day is over. I may even have the beginnings of recognisable topiary chickens.

A slow cooked pheasant made an easy dinner. Tim said the vegetables were rather soft. They would be after eight hours. I like there squishiness.

The geraniums that come up each year around the flower beds are charming. They compete for my favour with the bright red annuals. Both have a place in my affections.


Hardy Geranium
140lb CP

No comments:

Post a Comment