Pages

Thursday 14 June 2018

Thursday, 14th June 2018 - Gift from Gwen

Bella has taken John the caterpillar into school. Nibbles a smaller one has been added. John has grown considerably and now easy to identify as the caterpillar of a Mullein Moth. The downside is that the girls will not be able to see its metamorphosis. Google informed me that they pupate underground for up to four years. It would have been a long wait in an ice-cream tub.

Herbie was sleeping in a sling on Harriet. I took advantage of her free hands. She lined my cake tins and mixed a Victoria sponge plus a gluten free version. They both look very similar after cooking. I am sure my guests wholeheartedly appreciated the double gesture as they ate it with tea at the newly rejuvenated (pressure washed and oiled by Tim) garden table this afternoon.

This evening I was alone with Poldark and a salad. I wasn't quite prepared for the topless beginning. I must be getting tender.

Gwen has propagated three tomato plants for me. They have a metal skirt on their pot. I am guessing it is to keep slugs and snails at bay. Gwen nourishes the Morris men with fortified gin and the children with anatomically correct gingerbread men and women. A greatly talented lady.


Gift from Gwen
Pen and Watercolour
140lb CP


No comments:

Post a Comment