Pages

Sunday 16 June 2024

Sunday, 16th June 2024 - NGS No 99 High Street, Tenterden

The National Garden Scheme is a great way to nose into other peoples gardens. I have always wanted to sneak a peek into the gardens on Tenterden High Street. Today two were open. Perfect way to spend an hour or so. What stunning gardens packed with plants. There is a rose I saw at Water Lane and admired. There was one blooming today. I now know it is called Hot Chocolate. I will be searching it out to plant in our garden for the green fly and black spot. How do you keep these at bay? My reason for looking at the NGS catalogue was to see if Charlotte Molesworth at Balmoral Cottage in Benenden had her garden open today. It wasn't so we visited the fabulous gardens in Tenterden. But guess who was sitting on a bench? Charlotte and Don!  What a lovely surprise. I got some great advice on box moth.

This evening we were watching a film. It turned out to be rather rubbish. My main complaint, apart from the weak and boring plot, was the wrinkly cast of men compared to the young beautiful women. What is that all about? And would they really be wearing low cut silky tops while hunting down the baddies? Rant over.


NGS No 99 High Street, Tenterden 
Pen and Watercolour
168/366


No comments:

Post a Comment