Pages

Saturday 15 June 2024

Saturday, 15th June 2024 - Compact Benenden Fete

The Morris dancing at Benenden fete was cancelled due to high winds and rain being forecast. Tim and I wandered along this afternoon. It had been compacted but was still a jolly couple of hours eating ice-cream and drinking Benenden Bacchus.

Yesterday I made chickpea and aubergine curry with a pea and potato one. Tonight I supplemented it with a pressure cooked pheasant curry. I had a go at making naan bread. I started mid morning with kneading, proving and rising. I had an idea that our electric pizza oven would make a good cooking tool. I plugged it in and waited for it to heat up. Being curious I lifted the lid to see if it looked hot. Damn it!!! How was I to know that Tim stored pizza blades inside. They would have been fine if they hadn't had plastic handles. I now have a metal and plastic sculpture. The naan breads turned out puffy and not tasting of plastic.



Compact Benenden Fete 
Pen and Watercolour
167/366

No comments:

Post a Comment