Pages

Monday 24 June 2024

Monday, 24th June 2024 - Birthday Dalmatie Fig

Happy birthday to my sister. When we were out last week delving about amongst the trees in a nursery Lindsey happened upon a Mirabelle tree. We both agreed £70 was far too much. Continuing on our rummage Lindsey discovered a Dalmatie Fig tree. She was delighted as she had happened upon them on a Croatian holiday. Apparently the fruit are exquisite. It became an early birthday present. It definitely needed some tender loving care and a bigger pot. I look forward to trying one.

This afternoon I was at a WOKAS committee meeting. I was reminded of the Vicar of Dibley parish council meetings. Quite an eccentric bunch. I came home with a couple of bags of lettuce, pink, red, flat and frilly from John who has grown a bumper crop. It made a lovely salad to accompany a beany chilli. Another Michael Mosley recipe.


Birthday Dalmatie Fig 
Pen and Watercolour
174/366




No comments:

Post a Comment