Pages

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Wednesday, 30th September 2026 - The Completion of Lessons

My day started with tea and a text to my sister. I am not sure if she is checking that I am ok or I am checking she is ok. Whichever it is I like our morning messages.

I needed wipers for the rain as I drove to see Lindsey and Mercedes. We had coffee, chocolate brownie, almond slice and a very delicious apple cake that was warm from the oven and made even more delicious with a dollop of very thick cream. We swapped many stories about children and grandchildren who are of great importance and delights to us all. I wasn't hungry for lunch!

It was hot and humid when Tim and I walked into the village this afternoon. We had a wander around the village green and posted a birthday card I drew for Tom's 39th birthday on Friday. 

Day 30 #stradaeasel

Today is the last day of the strada easel challenge. I think it is about the fourth time I have done it. I am ready to receive my easel prize after painting from life every day in September. Well done me.

I have finished with a sprig from a spindleberry tree in our garden. It is covered in pink fruits with bright orange seeds. A favourite of the spindle ermine, a very spotty caterpillar and moth. In folklore it symbolises the completion of lessons. I thought this was very appropriate for the last day of the challenge that has taught me a lot about observation and given me some extra frown lines.

The Completion of Lessons
Pen and watercolour



No comments:

Post a Comment