Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2024

Tuesday, 30th July 2024 - Hottest Day of 2024

Tim set up paddling pools in the garden while I was cooking guests breakfasts in preparation for a hot day and the visit of our three grandchildren.

I had a room and a half to change over this morning. Hetty and Raffy were my change-over buddies. In hindsight maybe I should have given them some pocket money after they had hoovered and I exploited their young legs to fetch and carry up and down the stairs. 

Hetty helped me with my mid afternoon guests. The lemon cake that Herbie and I had great fun making was rather flat and undercooked. We salvaged a tiny slice from either end for guests to have with tea. The chickens will be well fed tomorrow. 

A shield bug took a ride on one of the boats in the paddling pool much to my amusement. The grandchildren were nonplussed to my delight. We came out of the heat this afternoon to watch Wonka. Lindsey arrived with ice-creams. Harriet handed out tissues to Lindsey and myself, I think Harriet took one too, as the film ended. A great family film,

Tim and I are watching Midsummer Murders to relax our brains and bodies after a hectic day.


Hottest Day of 2024 
Pen and Watercolour
212/366





No comments:

Post a Comment