Pages

Friday 5 July 2024

Friday, 5th July 2024 - Wedding Dahlia's

In the night I woke to hear it was raining. I love being snuggled up in bed and falling back to sleep to the sound of rainfall. It has continued to be a very very rainy day.

I forgot to tell you about the freaky nighttime squeak emanating from somewhere deep in our garden at night. I woke the other night to hear it. Got up and downloaded the Merlin App on my phone. Maybe I have told you this is all sounding a bit familiar? Anyway .... I shall continue.... I stood by the open bathroom window in my winnie-the-pooh PJs and was notified it is a Tawny owl. How wonderful is that?

Today we drove with a very tightly packed car containing two folded single mattresses to the dump for our booked time slot. Ok Tim went to the tip and I wandered around Aldi. Having most of our shopping delivered a 'real' supermarket shop can be quite fun. It may sound a bit sad to some of you but sometimes the simplest pleasures are the best. After our exciting morning we had coffee at Nick and Alli's house. They are growing hundreds of dahlias for an Autumn wedding which inspired today's postcard. Alli very kindly gave me, with a hefty hint that hers was rather glorious,  a couple of hydrangea cuttings that in two years will be splendid in my garden. Thank you Alli.

This evening we continued to watch The Hour. It finished and then went on to play Series 2 that we didn't know existed. What a treat. I have eaten too much curry and hope it doesn't disturb my night's sleep.


Wedding Dahlia's 
Pen and Watercolour
187/366



No comments:

Post a Comment