Pages

Saturday 13 July 2024

Saturday, 13th July 2024 - To Be Always Cheerful

What a lovely way to start a Saturday with Herbie and Harriet visiting. It was before breakfast and a s I was scrambling, frying and poaching for guests I made a trio of eggs for Herbie's breakfast with buttered soldiers. Harriet and Herbie helped me with tomato watering and chicken feeding duties in Dingleden. Tony and Wendy have now returned and I am very pleased that the hens survived under our care. The park in Benenden was a good place to meet the rest of The Evans who had spent the morning climbing. Tim cooked pasta with cheese sauce supplemented with pizza to feed our growing granchildren. It was lovely to sit outside and let them play in the garden. They left. I always feel a tug in my heart when they go. Malcolm came and collected Tim and Nick leaving Suzy and I to drink tea surrounded by the debris of the day. 

I think I will have an early night and a date with my book. I am reading Weyward by Emilia Hart - excellent book  now I have sorted out the characters place in history.

Today's postcard is of coreopsis. I have a pot of it on the back door step. It bravely survived the winter and is now looking fabulous. It symbolises to be always cheerful. Perfect for the person I am sending it to.


To Be Always Cheerful 
Pen and Watercolour
195/366


No comments:

Post a Comment