Pages

Sunday 21 July 2024

Sunday, 21st July 2024 - Love and Friendship

I have cooked my last eggs for guests this morning. I have a couple of days off. I am hoping to doing some oil painting. I have some ideas batting around my mind that I feel the need to get out.

Would we be having lunch inside or out? Nick, Alli, Si and Lesley arrived with wine, honey, Baklava, , cherries and flowers. So lovely. The rain stopped. The sun came out and much to my pleasure we ate outside. I had forgotten how wonderful a jug of Pimms can be. I did share it. I love cooking for friends as any mishaps are generously received. We had courgette and tomato soup accompanied by Tim's French sticks. Followed by potato and herb salad with pink trout. We had a salad Elizabeth had made us a few weeks ago which was delicious. Hold on. I am going to have to look up what it was called..... Fattoush! Really tasty. I made a cheesecake with blackcurrants given to us by Malcolm. It was cooked in a water bath to keep its wobble. We have a fridge full of leftovers being the benefit of making too much food. 

Lindsey dropped by with Herbie's socks and sunglasses. I miss that little chap.

Alli came with sweetpeas and a lavender wreath she had made. I love it very much - thank you. They were the subjects for today's postcard. Sweetpeas for friendship and lavender for love. 

Tim and I are ending the day watching a film set in Istanbul. We are reminiscing about our few days there.  Such an interesting place.


Love and Friendship 
Pen and Watercolour
203/366


No comments:

Post a Comment