Pages

Sunday 28 July 2024

Sunday, 28th July 2024 - Mini Watermelon

A hot hot day was forecast. So after serving guests fried eggs, croissant and pain au raisin (I kept a spare for Tim and I to share with our coffee) I took the Makita hedge trimmer to my box hedge. By the end of the afternoon I had trimmed about two thirds. I had great fun forging a chicken and cockerel. They are a little wonky and eccentrics.

The garden was a kaleidoscope of butterflies, stridulating grasshoppers, and a wake of buzzards. Guess who has been trawling the internet this evening!?!

Lindsey had perfect timing and dropped in just as I needed a tea break from hedge trimming. Today's postcard is of the delightful mini watermelon she gave me as a charming gift. Apparently very common as a gift in Japan. Yep, another internet discovery. 


Mini Watermelon 
Watercolour
210/233



No comments:

Post a Comment