Pages

Friday 26 July 2024

Friday. 26th July 2024 - The Pink House, Rye

This morning I was happily pottering around making bread dough and tidying up when Tim said "Are you ready?" I had forgotten he was going to Rye. I wasn't going to miss out on a trip to the Rye Art Gallery or coffee, toast with marmalade at The Apothecary. I was ready in minutes.

This afternoon Tim promised a dry walk through Hemsted Forest. Tony, Wendy and I disagreed as we jumped over puddles and paddled through mud.

Marion and Arian, guests who we have known for many years and are now lovely friends, joined us with Tony and Wendy for dinner. Tim made a chickpea and fish dish that I like very much. The turmeric bread I made brightened up the meal. As the evening chilled we came inside and sat around the kitchen table exposing Marion and Arian to Tim's pickled eggs. A lovely evening with lovely friends.

Today's postcard is of The Vicarage in Rye. So many beautiful buildings to draw but I chose this one as it is one of my favourites and there was a bench to park myself on while I drew.


The Pink House, Rye 
Pen and Watercolour
208/366


No comments:

Post a Comment