Pages

Thursday 21 March 2024

Thursday, 21st March 2024 - Bouncy Triplets

I filled the kitchen with ironed shirts while my guest ate breakfast. I feel like I have a new wardrobe. I wore one out to lunch with Nick and Alli to celebrate a belated birthday. The Little Bull in Brenchley does a good bacon sandwich. We were near Si and Lesley's home and were welcomed with tea. Si had been up since 2am on lambing duty. There was no action in the lambing shed. Si kept occupied by making a Victoria sponge, chocolate eclairs and florentines for us to have with our tea. Amazing. Just as we were finishing our tea a ewe went into labour. I have been watching via the Lambcam at home. I got to see the real thing today with sound. After a lot of baaing a lamb arrived and the ewe sounded like she was purring to her new arrival. Such a lovely sound. What a privilege to see. 

I watched these triplets, who were less than 20 hours old, leaping all over their very patient first time mother. Very adorable. 


Bouncy Triplets 
Pen and Watercolour
81/366


No comments:

Post a Comment