Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Tuesday, 2nd June 2015 - Victoria

Eventually I have found making chocolate brownies for guests a little tedious. Flapjacks are quick and easy but just not quite right to have with tea and Tim and I find ourselves eating far too large a quantity of the butter and sugar ladened devils. I roamed the Internet and have found a rather successful Victoria sponge. It sounds a little plain? Filled with buttercream and homemade black currant jam it becomes a delight. And it can be frozen. So proud of my success.

 This evening Tim and I met Mike and Pippa at The Woodcock to catch up on family news and a bit of gossip. We have not eaten there since it has changed landlords. We had to try it out for research for our guests. I had a lovely bit of pork. We can recommend it but not if you are a vegetarian.


No comments:

Post a Comment