Pages

Saturday 6 June 2015

Saturday, 6th June 2015 - Professor and Lecturer

I was interrupted from my cleaning tasks by Michael. He very kindly gave up an hour or so of his time to share his bee knowledge with us. We all got togged up. I do like a man in a bee suit....could it be the mystery of what is behind the veil? Having previously had my intelligence equated to his four year old son I thought it best to just listen. The lecturer in Michael emerged. I 'think' I learnt quite a bit but am keeping quiet until I have revised. Tim got stung through his veil. We were told to go and deal with it. I expertly scraped the sting from Tim's forehead. It was a tense time. Tim reacts badly to wasp stings. It seems it is not the case with bees. Michael rather loudly informed us he had found the queen. I thought you were meant to be calm and quiet around bees!!! I may not correct my teacher on this occasion. Thankyou so much for our lesson.

I continued with my cleaning. I was looking forward to a visit to the Bell and Jorrocks to see Alan and catch up on gossip but Tim missed his text. I did some early evening gardening instead. We had homemade fish cakes and butternut squash with chickpea curry. An unusual but surprisingly tasty combination.

2 comments: