Pages

Thursday 22 August 2024

Wednesday, 21st August 2024 - The Blue Bridge in Bordeaux

What a fantastic few days we have had in France. The house Mike and Pippa have in Fongrave is stunning. We hope to get invited back. I sat in the sun having my last breakfast of coffee and melon feeling sad that we were leaving.

Our packed bags were loaded into the car. We had coffee in Castle Moron with a delightful nutty biscuit. The market had a stall selling fish based meal. Shame we were full of croissant. Next time. Mike and Pippa took us to the train station in Tonneins where we had a wander and a lemonade. Our goodbyes said - it was sad to leave  them - we boarded our train to Bordeaux. On arriving the tram took us into the centre where we were blinged by the shops. After I are my Poke bowl in a cafe we found an art gallery. A mixed exhibition with some theatrical religious paintings, some modern art and a bit of Impressionism. Back on the sunny streets of Bordeaux we wandered through a park before taking many trams to the airport which is where I am sitting blogging while we await our flight. I cannot wait to catch up with family. I missed them very very much. 

I drew today's postcard while we were sitting in a park in Bordeaux and painted it while on the plane flying home. An interesting experience.


The Blue Bridge in Bordeaux 
Pen and Watercolour



No comments:

Post a Comment