Pages

Friday 16 August 2024

Friday, 16th August 2024 -The Moon and Pippa

 My alarm was evil waking me at 2.30am. I shouldn’t complain as we are going on holiday …. But I will a little bit as I love my sleep. A drive to Gatwick in the dark arriving in Bordeaux in daylight. Ray and Linda were on the same flight and we grabbed a lift. A stop off for lunch in Duras was delightful. We had the set menu which was a bargain. We all gad crudités, then I had an escalope of turkey followed by an amazing coconut tart. Back on the road Ray very kindly dropped us at our Airbnb where Steve and Zoe had settled in and dipped in the pool. 

I unpacked my pants, changed into cooler attire. We wandered along The Lot river watching the water activities. We had a little rose and olives. Thank you Steve and Zoe for bringing supplies, before walking to Mike and Pippa’s. Wow what a fabulous house they have. It was filled with friends and family. We sat outside and ate under the stars. I am shattered and going to bed. Goodnight. 



1 comment:

  1. Very evocative and captures Pipa and the scene wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete